Southold, New York – April 14, 2016 – Sea Tow Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting boater safety and education, has selected 31 nonprofit organizations and boating agencies to host new Life Jacket Loaner Stands this spring as part of its Life Jacket Loaner program. The new stands and life jackets have been purchased with a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund administered by the U.S. Coast Guard.
“This life jacket saved us in a pinch while we were out of town in Connecticut. Thank you, Sea Tow Foundation!” −Andy and Steff Spiers
These new stands, located in 19 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands, will join the more than 290 Life Jacket Loaner Stands already established around the country by the nonprofit Sea Tow Foundation. The loaner stands, located in popular boating areas such as boating ramps, marinas, and parks, let boaters who need a life jacket borrow one or more free of charge for the day to help keep themselves and their passengers safer on the water..
“Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stands have loaned more than 35,000 life jackets to recreational boaters at no cost since 2008,” said Michael Wesolowski, executive director of Sea Tow Foundation. “Each of our Life Jacket Loaner Stands is stocked with life jackets ranging in size from infant to adult extra-large so everyone can be safe on the water at no additional cost.”
The non-profit organizations and boating agencies will receive the loaner stands and life jackets within the next month so they will be able to place the stands before the start of the 2016 summer boating season. More information and photos will be shared on Sea Tow Foundation’s website at www.boatingsafety.com and on the Sea Tow Foundation Facebook page throughout the spring and summer.
A map showing all of the Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stands, including the locations of these 31 new stands, is also available at www.boatingsafety.com.
The 31 non-profit organizations and boating agencies hosting a new Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stand include:
- Buffalo National River, Harrison, Arkansas
- Treasure Island Sailing Center, San Francisco, California
- LifeSail, Marina Del Rey, California
- City of Oceanside Harbor Division, Oceanside, California
- Port St. Joe Yacht Club, Port St Joe, Florida
- City of Venice, Venice, Florida
- Sanibel Captiva Sail & Power Squadron, Sanibel, Florida
- Peace River Sail and Power Squadron, Port Charlotte, Florida
- USCG Auxiliary 15-8 Hernando Beach, Spring Hill, Florida
- Hawaii Youth Maritime Program, Kilauea, Hawaii
- Quinsippi Yacht Club, Quincy, Illinois
- Chelsea Yacht Club, Chelsea, Massachusetts
- Duxbury Bay Maritime School, Duxbury, Massachusetts
- Howard County Department of Recreation & Parks, Columbia, Maryland
- Sebewaing Harbor Marina, Sebewaing, Michigan
- Friends of Pool 2, Newport, Minnesota
- Public Health Fund/Lincoln County Health Department-Community Safety Task Force, Troy, Missouri
- Sea Scout Ship 1590, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Gloucester County Sheriff Marine Unit, Woodbury, New Jersey
- Sewanhaka Sail & Power Squadron, Freeport, New York
- Community Boating Center, Providence, Rhode Island
- Conanicut Island Sailing Foundation, Jamestown, Rhode Island
- Catawba Sail and Power Squadron, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Lake Murray Power Squadron, Lexington, South Carolina
- Johnson City Sail and Power Squadron, Johnson City, Tennessee
- San Gabriel, Youth Activities, Florence, Texas
- Sea Scout Base Galveston, Galveston, Texas
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 054-08-03, Draper, Virginia
- St. Thomas Sail & Power Squadron, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Milwaukee Sail & Power Squadron, New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management /Environmental Police, Providence, Rhode Island.
Businesses and individuals can help to support Sea Tow Foundation’s Life Jacket Loaner Stand program in many ways, including hosting a life jacket drive in their community to help stock Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stands. For more information, please visit http://www.lifejacketdrive.org/ or http://www.boatingsafety.com/support-us/.
About Sea Tow Foundation
In 2007, Sea Tow Founder Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer created the Sea Tow Foundation – a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization – to promote safe boating practices. The Foundation’s goal is to reduce accidents, fatalities and property damage related to recreational boating. For more information, please visit www.boatingsafety.com
About Sea Tow
Sea Tow Services International Inc. is the nation’s leading on-water assistance provider for boaters. Established in 1983 by Founder Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer, Sea Tow serves members inland to the coast throughout the United States, Europe, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. For a full list of membership benefits, how to become a Sea Tow member or to inquire about becoming a Sea Tow franchise owner, please visit seatow.com. Sea Tow also offers free boating safety information including the Sea Tow App for smartphones, Sea Tow’s Automated Radio Check Service, and the nonprofit Sea Tow Foundation’s Life Jacket Loaner Station program. Serving Boaters Since 1983.
Turnkey Communications & PR, Inc.
Sea Tow Foundation