The Sea Tow Foundation, with the help and support of its newly launched North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council, formally announced the new national awards program in a press release last month. The National Boating Industry Safety Awards are designed to recognize the best boating safety work in the for-profit sector of the recreational marine marketplace occurring within the United States.
Kevin Falvey, Editor and Chief of Boating Magazine as well as one of the founding members of the North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council, worked with Sea Tow Foundation staff members Gail Kulp and Michael Wesolowski to announce this new award via a video shot at Goldsmith’s Boat Shop.
Nominations will be accepted between August 15 – October 1, 2019 and includes the boating safety work of marine industry for-profit organizations conducted between August 15, 2018 – August 18, 2019. Applications are available for download at soberskipper.com/awards
“We invite and encourage retailers, manufacturers, media and any other organizations involved in boating safety to submit their best work for consideration,” added Gail Kulp. “Our entire council is very enthusiastic about this effort and we look forward to seeing all the great work being done by industry organizations to promote boating safety.”
The inaugural presentation of the “National Boating Industry Safety Awards” will be held the opening night of Boating Industry’s Elevate Summit on November 22, 2019 in Orlando, FL.
Members of the Sea Tow Foundation’s North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council include:
- David Connolly, Thomas H. Connolly and Sons
- David Dickerson, NMMA
- Jim Emmons, Water Sports Foundation
- Kevin Falvey, Bonnier/Boating Magazine
- Mike Hankins, Crevalle Boats
- John Jost, Ken Cook Company
- Captain Keith Lake, MarineMax
- Dave Marlow, Brunswick Corporation
- Captain Frank Stoeber, Regal Boats
- Nic Thomas, Freedom Boat Club
- Stephanie Vatalaro, RBFF
- Annamarie Worrell, Emerald Coast Marine Group
The council’s executive committee includes:
- Kristen Frohnhoefer, Sea Tow Services International
- Gail R. Kulp, Sea Tow Foundation
- Michael Wesolowski, Sea Tow Foundation
- Wanda Kenton Smith, Kenton Smith Marketing
For additional information on the Sea Tow Foundation and the Sober Skipper program, please visit www.soberskipper.com.