The ability to communicate when on the water is important to boating safety and having multiple communication sources such as VHF radio and smart phones could just save your life.
- Charge the phone battery often, and conserve battery life by turning off unneeded features that are running in the background.
- Save PDFs on your phone. Internet access is not always available.
- Perform an Automated Radio Check before leaving the dock.
- Protect your phone from the elements and impact with rugged cases and waterproof containers (cases, pouches, boxes).
- Automated Radio Check
- Channels & Frequencies
- FCC Licenses
- US Coast Guard Communications Page
- VHF in Canada